- Rohit was supposed to deliver an important presentation on Monday, but did not turn up.
- Megha was working on a particular report even on weekends, and was stressed out frequently.
- Anil goofed up with the reports meant to be sent to an important client and his manager was on the verge of firing him for this grave mistake.
The above is a snapshot that managers can relate to. Many individuals fall behind at the work with a nervous look at the work day ahead. This also applies to irregularities and absenteeism and attrition in long run. There have been numerous surveys citing organizational stress, mundane culture and lack of appreciation as some of the reasons for the above mentioned behaviour.
The falling employee morale would
- Lower employee engagements
- Decrease work accuracy
- Increase absenteeism, attrition and affect overall performance
- Affect sales, customers and all the direct and indirect stakeholders
Employees spend a major part of their life at work and hence it is not to be neglected. As a manager or leader, you can influence how happy your teams feel. This isn’t only a good thing to do – it can help to boost performance, productivity and employee retention.
The productivity boost that comes from a happy satisfied employee who really enjoys the work makes it a real deal for the organization:
- Helps achieve targets and goals within the stipulated time frame.
- Creates a friendly culture which fosters positive and productive environment.
- Saves cost by lower employee attrition rates and reduced recruitment and training costs
Work place appreciation and recognition has long been stated as one of the ways to keep employees happier and engaged. Keeping employees happy is far more effective way to productivity, much ahead than all tools, systems and processes put together.
Keeping employees happy and satisfied, providing the warmth and appreciation has become a pre-requisite factor for organizational success.
But having known all this, 39% of the employees report lack of appreciation at work.
According to a survey conducted online by Harris Interactive, it is found that 53% of employees would stay at their company longer if they felt more appreciation from their boss. In addition, 81% said they are motivated to work harder when their boss shows appreciation for their work.
So, as an organization, it is high time to take a proactive step towards improving communications in your work systems and care for the satisfaction of your employees.
Foster a spark of recognition at workplace using Wittybee
- While designing the Wittybee platform, we have been pro-employee in our approach. We have touched the subtle nuances that make the manager-employee relationships smoother, affable and appreciative.
- With Wittybee, the reporting authority can send constructive feedback to employees when they complete their task by reviewing it and giving comments as well as grades.
- Wittybee enables you to recognize the good work of your employees with built-in acclaims and appreciations like:
- Acclaims: “Thank You!”, “Great Job!”, “Well Done!”
- Appreciation: “Thumbs up”
- Awards: “Champagne”
Wittybee means happy employees. And, happy employees means progress!
The best part of the Wittybee collaboration software is that it is transparent with no hierarchical barrier and hence the appreciative feedback trickles down to every person involved, which manifests into instant recognition for the work, something that employees require to boost their morale.
This kind of instant recognition leads to more productive efforts on the parts of the employees and an overall enhanced work performance.
Work place recognition leads to work accuracy, productivity and sales and comes with finer paybacks like stronger work environment, creativity, enthusiasm, &lesser absenteeism among others.
Collaboration is all about working in teams, respecting each other and their work. Explore these acclaim and appreciation features of Wittybee and see how things turn around in your organization.